Monday, February 16, 2009

Cheapo...

Ok, I admit the alarm bells should probably have gone off when I saw the name CheapoAir... But hey, I was looking for a good deal on flights to Sieam Reap and found a good price on cfares. So, when the website directed me to purchase the tickets through cheapoair, I thought why not, it doesn't matter who you buy the tickets from as long as the airline itself is not called Cheapo right? WRONG!! Cheapoair just made everything so difficult, and for the money I used calling their US number (yes, US number...) I could have bought the ticket cheaper directly from the airline - and with much less hassle.

  • First, Cheapo says you need a US credit card to buy the ticket. OK, fine by me, we have a US credit card.
  • Then, they email to say that we have to call them to confirm the transaction. What?!? OK, so we call them.
  • No, we have to call from a US number because someone in the US has to confirm the transaction. What?!? That's a bit difficult, given that we're in Manila and not the US, and we tell them that it seems a bit strange that someone has to remain in their own country in order to use their credit card. Never heard of this from anyone else before.
  • FINALLY they let us buy the ticket.
  • The next day, they email and say there has been a change in the schedule and we have to call the airline office IN THE US to check what is going on. If the delay is too long, maybe they will give us a refund. What?!?
  • I am not about to call the US again, so I call the local Philippine Airlines number, who have no problems helping me out and change my flights. Fortunately for cheapo, I was able to reschedule for the previous day, if not I would have missed my connecting flight. Then maybe they would have given me a refund...
  • -Then cheapo sends another email asking me to call them to confirm that I have made changes to my ticket. What?!? I did that because the flight was rescheduled and they told me to call the airline. I give up...

Well, I finally made it to Bangkok and when I got to check-in for my connecting flights to Siem Reap I was told
"Ma'm, you have to go to the ticket counter and pay the airport tax, it is not included in your ticket". Hmm cheapo, so "all taxes and fees included" means all taxes and fees except the airport tax..?

Warning people, avoid buying your tickets through cheapoair.com, it will cost you a lot of time and you'll probably end up losing money too....


No comments: