Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Solomon Islands!

I am now in the beautiful Solomon Islands!

I wish I could say I have been laying on the beach sipping colourful tropical drinkies, but I'm afraid that's very far from the truth. So far it's been lots of work and very little pleasure but I hope that will change next week when we go to some of the other islands (at least it'd be nice to combine the work with SOME pleasure!).

One thing that hits you in the face when you get here is that everything, especially communication, is crazy expensive. Making a phone call is ridiculous, my $20 phone card lasted me 2 minutes yesterday! A sim card is almost $100 so I'm not doing that (plus it never works anyway...) If all of this doesn't discourage you and you should still want to contact me here you might be able to do so by calling my hotel - Mendana hotel - at +677 20071.

-Camilla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cam,
Any good pix yet?
xxx
-Asm